Custom Search

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Miniskirt Mishap Can't Hold Her Down

Geisy Arruda, 20, recently made her comeback from an event that took away her rights to an education. Bandeirante University expelled Arruda last November for wearing a skirt that was seen as too short and immoral. Three months later, Arruda has made her return as a dancer in Rio de Janeiro’s Carnival celebration. "I confess, I'm a vain girl, and the changes I've made have given me the confidence I need to dance in these Carnivals," Arruda told The Associated Press. She danced in one of the Carnival parades wearing a version of the skirt that had her removed from the university. "I totally agree with her taking complete advantage of this situation to give herself a better life. She comes from a humble family, and I challenge anyone in a similar situation to say they would not do the same," Sabrina Bispo, 23. This opportunity has given Arruda a chance to show that she will not be held down by the mistakes of others in the past and that she has mad a push for the better to move forwards in her life.

Photo credit : Associated Press


No comments:

Post a Comment